Agile Transformation book sets out a blueprint for a different type of organisation which itself is characterised by continuous change and adaptability. It provides a roadmap for reinventing organisational structures, strategies, operations, leadership and culture to succeed in the digital age. Packed full of practical advice, this book covers everything from why new operating models are needed, how to apply agile principles at scale, leverage digital-native processes and why change leaders need to think big but start small.
Traditional organizational structures and cultures are no longer fit for purpose in a digital-empowered world. Disruptive, networked technologies have enabled dramatically different competitive and scaling dynamics but also brought with them rapidly changing contexts and heightened unpredictability for businesses of all kinds. Yet many companies still look at business and digital transformation as a journey from A to B. Many still pursue rigid, linear change processes that are doomed to fail, or chase shiny technology rather than empowering their people to drive lasting change. Others dabble with optimising outdated ways of working without ever really changing the fabric of how the organisation works or building the culture that can genuinely make a difference.
Agile Transformation sets out a blueprint for a different type of organisation which itself is characterised by continuous change and adaptability. It provides a roadmap for reinventing organisational structures, strategies, operations, leadership and culture to succeed in the digital age. Packed full of practical advice, this book covers everything from why new operating models are needed, how to apply agile principles at scale, leverage digital-native processes and why change leaders need to think big but start small. Agile Transformation provides essential guidance on how to build and engage high performing teams for change, develop fast and focused high-velocity decision making, build momentum for change, and ensure that leadership behaviours and organisational culture catalyse true organisational agility. Featuring case studies from organizations including Amazon, Netflix and Vodafone, this book is essential reading for all businesses wanting to effectively compete in the new world of work.
You can order Agile Transformation via Kogan Page the publisher or via Amazon.
Neil Perkin is the founder of Only Dead Fish, a consultancy that specialises in applying strategic understanding of emerging technologies to help companies optimize their effectiveness in the digital-empowered business environment. As an expert in organizational agility, emerging media and digital strategy, he is a frequent conference speaker, curates the quarterly series of Firestarters thought leadership events for Google UK, and has been named by BIMA (British Interactive Media Assocaition) as one of the most influential people in the UK digital industry. He is also the co-author of Building the Agile Business through Digital Transformation published by Kogan Page.
Praise for Agile Transformation
- “Neil’s book addresses a fundamental leadership challenge – how to go from being compelled by the need to reinvent to knowing what the steps in your change plan need to look like. Essential reading.”
Bruce Daisley, VP EMEA, Twitter
- “A masterful book on digital transformation, with many practical wisdoms and nuggets waiting to be found. For any organisation trying to create their preferred future, this is a must-read!”
Gerd Leonhard, CEO The Futures Agency, Futurist & Humanist, Author of Technology vs. Humanity
- “These days every company wants and needs to change but the answers seem cryptic, vague and often biased. As always Neil writes brilliantly and clearly in what is an actionable yet inspiring, interesting yet practical, tour de force on how people in all natures of Business can adapt to the modern world.”
Tom Goodwin, EVP Innovation Zenith, Keynote Speaker, Author, Digital Darwinsim
- “Leading a transformation can be a daunting challenge. With external change happening at such pace and internal change being so complex it can be hard to cut through the noise. Luckily Neil has done that brilliantly with this book offering plenty of actionable insights that any leader can put to immediate use.”
James Haycock, General Manager, Idean UK, Author, Bye Bye Banks
- “Packed full of amazing insights, case-studies and practical examples for implementing Agile Transformation across any organization.”
Duncan Hammond, VP Transformation, Warner Music Group
- “’Agile’” and ‘transformation’ aren’t just pretty words to say. It’s the new way of operating business, and you can’t afford to be left behind. You couldn’t ask for a better expert guide on the journey than Neil Perkin.”
Scott Brinker, VP Platform Ecosystem, Hubspot, Author Hacking Marketing
- “An inspiring and practical guide to the why, what and how of transforming businesses to meet the challenges and opportunities of digital disruption. Neil’s clear and succinct writing provides an accessible and comprehensive roadmap for leaders to drive customer focused digital innovation.”
Judy Gibbons, Chairman at Which?, Non Executive Director at Michael Kors & Hammerson, Deputy Chair at Somerset House